Friday, August 23, 2013

Slightly sheepish

Turns out, accurately assessing DPO is a bit tricky when you freeze an embryo, thaw it, and then transfer it.

I sat down and calculated, by plugging in when the embryo was frozen and when the transfer occurred, and realized that it was not the 15th day of embryonic life, it was between the 13th and the 14th day that the beta was tested on.

Going by that, the beta would be in the range the values obtained in my first 2 pregnancies.

Repeat beta is 72 hours after the first one.

This is such a rollercoaster: I'm so freaking thankful I only have to ride it indirectly.

Thank you all for your reassurances, and your good wishes. It means a lot to me.

6 comments:

  1. fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This roller coaster ride is not for the faint of heart. Luckily, you are strong and courageous. Still, all this worrying and nail biting takes its toll. I too am glad that your pregnancy is occurring in someone else's uterus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow so happy for you! Everything crossed for the second beta. That's great news about being a bit off on the embryo age. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thoughts are definitely with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i wish you the best....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have nominated you for a Liebster Award!

    ReplyDelete