Thursday, October 21, 2010

Drive-by posting

First, thank you all for your kind words. I'm thinking of all of you in the 2ww, and waiting and hoping for you. It has been a crazy week, I have long experiments everyday and I'm packing to move this Friday, so I just have time for a quick update.

The RE's policy is that the blood beta is determined in a single draw at 17 DPO, which will be on Sunday. So I have to wait. The thing that is keeping me sane is the the urine HPTs are steadily and clearly getting stronger, clearly in a 24 hour period and without doubt in a 48 hour one. Shannon's point that these are too crude to be accurate definitely stands, but its reassuring to see the darkening nonetheless.

6 comments:

  1. i believe in strength in numbers - so i would pee on as many sticks as possible! a somewhat belated congratulations. my own fear of chemical preg, etc. always hold me back with them. wishing you a fabulous beta on sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. you have been busy. I'm happy for you. You are going to deliver this baby in NY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it crazy how different REs do things so differently? I hope you'll at least get the results on Sunday as well, if you have to wait that long!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited for you lady, and sending lots of love and prayers your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The constant BFP on the HPT are very reassuring...it is crazy how different REs have different policies. Mine's standard is to test 12DPIUI. Can't wait for you to have your BFP confirmed on Sunday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will be so excited to see this beta of yours - you are almost there!! Tomorrow cannot come soon enough. We're all pulling for you - and the HPTs sound very reassuring! I'm betting it's going to be a very solid number : )

    Mo

    ReplyDelete