Thursday, October 7, 2010

And its a green light!

My doctor looked at my insides this morning, and my lining was what he described as 'great' at just over 9 mm. Its also triple stripe. Since I've had a lining of 14 mm at 2 DPO in a similar cycle, I was initially not as enthusiastic, but I'm definitely bowing to his superior judgment. Also I'm not sure if the lining continues to thicken for the next few days- anybody know the answer to this one, holler!

Usually I've gotten the impression that my right ovary produces the dominant follicle. This time, its the left one in play with a 17 mm follicle.  The right had one at 14 mm.  So all of this looks adequate, even if developed under less than stellar conditions (by my usual standards).

The swimmers are thawing as we speak. I could not sleep last night when confronted with the enormity of what I am about to do.  I'm not half as afraid of a BFN as I am of going through another loss, this time because of a 'bad' egg.  As somebody pointed out, it is an utter fool's errand to try to micromanage this process, and waiting for that perfect cycle seems pointless because no matter what, you CANNOT accurately calculate the odds of something even the experts barely understand.

So, although I'm agnostic, I'm praying very hard as we speak!

UPDATE: The deed is done!  Let the egg pillage begin!  I feel so much more relaxed with things now once the die is cast.

Note: Lesson learned from comparing this insemination to the last- make sure your RE rewashed your sperm even if it is already 'IUI-ready'! The last time I was curled up in a fetal position cramping horribly after my IUI , and I suspected that was because the sperm still had trace amounts of semen components such as prostaglandins in them because my lazy ass RE did not bother rewashing. With my new RE, of course it was re-washed and I'm utterly comfortable. What a difference a good RE makes!

6 comments:

  1. Jay, what a day for you.. It's going to be fine. Wishing a BFP in two weeks.

    Your lining will thicken by 1 to 2 mm daily. 9 mm is great though (anything above 7mm is fine).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news...wishing you plenty of sticky baby dust on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So wonderful - I wish you lots of luck and a smooth 2 week ride.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on being PUPO!!!! I'm sending lots of good healthy baby vibes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited for you! Let the pillaging begin! Will be keeping my fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fingers (and toes) crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete