Thursday, July 12, 2012

Ultrasound tomorrow

I will be 6w2d tomorrow, and will be going in for an ultrasound with my RE.  I've seen heartbeats and  approximately age-appropriate growth in the past 2 pregnancies at the 6w3d and 6w4 timepoints respectively, so it should not too early.

I have barely any pregnancy symptoms-if this is indeed a healthy pregnancy, then its awesome as to how unaffected I am. I have no cramps, if I had not seen visual evidence of the HPTs getting darker till around 3 days ago (where the test line became as dark as control)  I would have been more worried. The only indications are the sore boobs from hell and  the definite expansion of my uterus, evidenced by the distention of my abdomen (I look like I'm already around 2-3 months along!). But there is absolutely no fatigue, which still amazes me, given how my last 2 pregnancies were. I can stay up late, I've been walking all over the city, in order to counteract my diet (my favorite and most often consumed meal is Cajun-spice tossed fries, butter, salt and nutella comprise my favorite food groups), with no ill effects, even the heartburn that plagued me (from 4-10 DPO) is almost gone.  I should qualify (before you think I'm utterly useless) that, in between the salt and the oil and the sugar, I do eat somewhat healthy (post coming up on that soon).

Another great thing- I'm not at all backed up (like I completely was) during pregnancy # 1. Interestingly, its a problem I have not had in pregnancy since taking thyroid hormone. Interestingly, constipation IS in the symptom list of thyroid insufficiency in pregnancy.

Although I've been looking at OBs, I'm far too afraid to call one before finding out where things stand. This can work. It *totally* could work. Yet, I find myself yet utterly unable to even make a prediction as to whether it shall or not. I had a sense, an intuition of sorts about 'Turbulence', my nickname for my second baby, about the day after conception, it just came to me that she was a girl, and indeed, she turned out to be  one. With this little one (I cannot even decide on a name for him or her), I'm completely in the fog in every way. It just does not seem real, in any way, other that the evidence of the changes in my body.

My cousin gets here tomorrow evening. The ultrasound is in the morning, a truly awesome  friend is coming with me to offer moral support. Going armed with sunglasses and eye-makeup remover, which I now never leave home without. If its bad, I'm determined to somehow put it out of my mind so I can somewhat enjoy my time with my cousin, we are so close and I've been looking forward to this visit for ages. The one thing the past 2 years have taught me: No matter what, life goes on, and it should. That is the only way one can last if one is in for the long haul. But hopefully, no such fortitude need be called upon, and I only get good news tomorrow. Its definitely possible.

14 comments:

  1. Thinking of you as you await your ultrasound!  I hope all you see in there is a beautiful baby with a fabulous heartbeat!!!  

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck tomorrow!  Everything is going to be perfect :)  Enjoy your time with your cousin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sending you all kinds of good vibes and praying that your sunglasses and eye makeup remover are complete overkill :) 

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm hoping the sunglasses are only needed because its sunny & the eye makeup remover is only needed to clean up tears of joy. Thinking & sending positive thought for you tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you the best of luck tomorrow!

    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jay, I've been absent from commenting thanks to a trip, a storm, and several days without electricity. But I've been following your posts on my phone. I'm thinking such powerful good thoughts for tomorrow. 

    (Incidentally, I always had an inclination for the gender of my doomed pregnancies...and where tested, I was always correct...but for my one living child - no inkling whatsoever.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck, good luck, GOOD LUCK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I sill be thinking about you and lots of good and positive vibes! You will have a wonderful pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thinking of you and hoping for very good news tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you might be getting your u/s right now. I'm imagining a big smile on your face after seeing a beating heart and learning that your baby is measuring right on target.
    My thoughts are with you, dear Jay.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fingers crossed! Praying for only good news :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. hoping for good news for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck!!! Sending you lots of healthy growing baby vibes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is so interesting.  We'll see how things turn out, but you have to wonder. More on heaven and earth that are dreamt of in our philosophy... for sure.

    ReplyDelete