Sunday, November 21, 2010

8w1d u/s

The ultrasound was yesterday; its the first one that's left me unequivocally happy, with no doubts or worries whatsoever. She is exactly on time (8 weeks 1 day), and the heartbeat was 'eyeballed' to be at 150. I had a 2 minute crying jag after I saw her, it was just so perfect. In this picture, it almost looks like she has a neck, but that can't be right, its too early!


With my last pregnancy, the last ultrasound  where I saw my baby alive was at was at 7w4d, and the baby was 4 days behind and judging by the growth between ultrasounds, was growing at just around 0.7 mm per day (1 mm per day is normal). So, by the same milestones, I can finally say that this pregnancy is looking better than the last, with this one growing at about 1.1 mm/day, judging by the difference between the 2 ultrasounds.

I'm now starting to believe that this *might* actually be. My due date is July 1st, almost a year (to the day), after my D&C. Somebody who has been dealt as painful a blow as a pregnancy loss will be forever wary of fate pulling another unbelievably nasty trick, but that wariness aside, I'm hopeful and optimistic now.

I am also feeling a bit like Goldilocks, I'm either metaphorically too hot or cold, never just right. I complained I had no cramping right? Well tonight, I'm cramping so hard its scaring me a little.  This baby-building business is joyful, but boy, do you EVER get to relax?

19 comments:

  1. You are probably stretching - I remember feeling that a lot around this time. I am not sure you do relax but I do think it has a lot of enjoyable moments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you! She looks as cute as a bean! Wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful ultrasound, very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful ultrasound. Try to take things one day at a time. You are doing a great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is excellent and I'm so happy you are feeling better about this actually being.... you deserve to feel the joy of being pregnant without the constant worry of the 'what if'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jay, congratulations on an awesome u/s! And the answer is no, it will never be easy every again. But in the best way possible!! :) I'm so excited for you - please keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That is an awesome ultrasound picture. I hope to get one as good as that!

    Yeah, the cramping sucks. It's nice that you are only just now feeling it. I've been having bad cramps since the beginning. It does get better though, so I hear.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woohooo! Congrats on the great ultrasound and the good news! I hope this peace of mind lasts for a good long time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad to hear that you got great results! :) Although I can't address your question about being able to relax from the point of view of someone who has experienced a loss, which obviously would make it harder to relax, I can say that for me, anyway, I was able to relax about the pregnancy quite a bit when the first trimester was over, and almost completely after my level 2 ultrasound around week 19 or 20. After that I stopped worrying about the pregnancy.

    But once the baby was born, all sorts of new worries cropped up. Honestly, it never ends and you will never be able to relax the same way you did pre-baby. But it does become manageable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is incredible friend. Just incredible.

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello from ICLW and congrats! I teared up at my first u/s too! I don't think you ever stop worrying - I'm almost at 30 weeks and I still worry constantly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! So happy for you.

    BTW, re calcium, have you heard of Adora calcium? Seems like it doesn't have any nasty fillers, and it's a yummy treat, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh what a good picture of the ultrasound ! The pictures now are so much clearer than in the 80s (when my baby sister was conceived). Congratulations on the pregnancy and the milestone !

    Happy ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats! What a beautiful baby!
    Happy ICLW!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations! So exciting! Happy ICLW. #22

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy ICLW, and, congrats! I don't know if it does get easier. Let me know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks all!

    @ Dora, I ckecked out Adora (yum!) and I got myself a 3 month supply. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats Jay! Looks like a healthy beanie! :o)

    ReplyDelete