Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Not 'normal' anymore

Every single blood test I have had so far has ended up with values smack dab in the middle of the 'normal' range. Well, that no longer stands. The first of my test results are back- I have anti-TPO(thyroid peroxidase) autoantibodies, with a high but not too insane titer of 107, with the normal range being 1-9. The presence of such antibodies is strongly correlative with first trimester pregnancy loss- sound familiar? Now we need to figure out if these are the only autoantibodies I have or whether my immune system has truly gone nuts.

I should be grateful I badgered my doctor to test the products of conception and the results of that led to this being tested by my super proactive RE. But right now, when I get emotional and unscientific, all I can think is this- my body killed my baby.

Don't know what is in store for me, whether its going to be hard or easy. I have my worst case plan ready already- surrogacy in India, where it costs a measly 12000 dollars to do it. I get to supply the defect free embryos :(

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your test results, though hopefully it will be a simple thing to correct. I wish I could offer words to make you feel a little better, and to stop blaming yourself for what happened. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missing1, thanks. I checked out your blog- I'm so very sorry for your loss. Hope good things are coming up for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Jay...I'm so sorry. Please try not to blame yourself. I too hope this is something the can correct for you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a crapass place to be and I'm so very sorry. Sounds like you have a plan in place though and are trying to move forward. Show yourself some kindness.

    ReplyDelete