Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Acupuncture in NYC?

I'm just about a week shy of my IUI.  It looked like my CM was starting to build --not the super fertile but the pre-fertile variety that signals the rise of estrogen. Two days into this I'm all relaxed and happy, and ominously, it starts looking like it is going down, don't see anything for 24 hours. Instantly cue in stress. Honestly, at times like this., I actually see the value in the usually craptastic 'just relax' advice that gets doled out on a regular basis. Work is very demanding right now-- I'm kind of  happy that today has been so frantic,its been 12 hours since I even spared a thought for my lady parts, and not dwelling on this is about the most healthy thing I can do right now.

I'm doing a unmedicated cycle, same as the last  time-- all I do is monitor my surge and have the IUI. During my minor freak out, I decided that if I can do it at this really late hour, throwing in acupuncture may not be a bad idea. But I'm literally 1 week away from IUI. Being absolutely clueless about fertility acupuncture, I had a few questions---Is there any hope of getting a last minute session with anybody good? Is getting about one session worth it? Does anybody local have recommendations? 

9 comments:

  1. liz carlson at clarity point healthcare is very good. located on 23rd street. 

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think acupuncture is best if done for a period of time leading up to the IUI, but there is still lots that can be done in a single session.  Even a "less stress" treatment would be helpful.  I'm having my IUI too this week!  Haven't done acupuncture this month, but I'm feeling hopeful.

    Happy ICLW (#115)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no recs for NYC acupuncturist, but just wanted to wish you well, Jay. I hope you can get an acupuncture appointment or two in the coming week. I found it very helpful in terms of helping me calm deeply.  

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your IUI! I'm intersted in how the acupuncture goes. I've always been afraid to try it, but I hear it can do amazing things for you.

    ICLW #26

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a very high-energy and focused gal (my husband would say high strung and stressed) acupuncture was a god-send for me.  I don't know if it helped with the physical issues I went in for but I sort of think it did, it CERTAINLY helped iwth my mental state. I would walk out of my acupuncture like someone had just given me a valium.  It rocked.  Unfortunately the flight to Minnesota might be tough to go to my lady but I hope someone in NYC can recommend someone but I actually just found someone via Google and was very pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes.  I have a great recommendation.  Dr. Yan Wu.  He was recommended by Cornell and I went to him for 11 months -- two months pre-pregnancy and then afterwards.  I think he would tell you that acupuncture helps before the IUI, but also after for implantation issues.  He is on 29th and 5th - 267 Fifth - 8th Floor.  Office is run by his wife.  Phone is 212) 685-7067.  My insurance paid 80%.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't not recommend an acupuncturist in your area. Mine moved back to China. But I do recommend having it before and after your IUI! It helps with implantation. 

    ReplyDelete
  8. I went to the Yinova Center near union square. He woman who owns he practice cowrote the book "making babies" with an ivf doc. She is the best I've tried in the city and I've gone to a few. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  9. No advice to offer just very best wishes & hopes for this IUI. Sending you peaceful thoughts

    ReplyDelete